Re: [sysadmins] List moderation - need a break!

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
Cc: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, Greg Smith <gsmith(at)gregsmith(dot)com>, "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, PostgreSQL WWW <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>, sysadmins <sysadmins(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [sysadmins] List moderation - need a break!
Date: 2009-06-23 06:08:32
Lists: pgsql-www

Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> On Tue, 16 Jun 2009, Dave Page wrote:
>
>>> Ultimately it seems the failure to fix this problem is just because
>>> Marc is the only one able to do it, and he's not around enough.
>>
>> No, the real problem is having our mail infrastructure tied into
>> hub.org as a number of us have said before.
>
> Now that I have those two new servers in place, if someone wants to
> setup spamassassin on that VPS itself to run instead of going through
> the global spamassassin daemon, I'm cool with that ... I haven't moved
> mail over to the new servers yet, but that just takes 15-20 minutes of
> downtime to make happen ... could do that tomorrow evening ...

Just to be absolutely clear on what you're saying here.

Are you saying that you are now OK with de-coupling the postgresql.org
mail from hub.org making it a community managed service?

Or are you saying that you're ok with running a *second* instance of
spamassassin, and still keep mail going through hub.org relays?

--
Magnus Hagander
Self: http://www.hagander.net/