Re: Request for assistance/advice: TikiWiki CMS/Groupware will have to drop PostgreSQL support soon unless a maintainer steps up

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: Marc Laporte <marclaporte(at)tikiwiki(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Request for assistance/advice: TikiWiki CMS/Groupware will have to drop PostgreSQL support soon unless a maintainer steps up
Date: 2009-06-08 20:56:16
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

Marc,

> This is very disappointing to me because I have always wanted Tiki to
> be as universal as possible. So I don't want to give up on this goal
> without a fight. Which is why I am writing to you today.

Thanks for contacting us. Clearly we need a way to advertise through
our community which projects are looking for PostgreSQL
maintenance/porting help; for now we can put TikiWiki in the Weekly News
or similar, but it would be nice to do this more systematically.

I assume there's already been appeals on the tikiwiki user mailing
lists? Ultimately the maintainer needs to be someone who uses tikiwiki
regularly or they won't stick to it.

Actually ... *does* anyone use TikiWiki with Postgres right now?

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.