Re: [Fwd: Re: dblink patches for comment]

From: Joe Conway <mail(at)joeconway(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "Hackers (PostgreSQL)" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [Fwd: Re: dblink patches for comment]
Date: 2009-06-07 01:23:13
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Tom Lane wrote:
> But that reminds me, weren't you going to add something to force
> libpq to set client_encoding to the database encoding?

I think the attached is what you had in mind. But I don't know right off
how to trigger the failure (and therefore how to test the solution). A
naive test with two databases, one LATIN2, the other UTF8 does not
produce the error with simple text literals. Any guidance on specific
literals that would trigger the problem?

Thanks,

Joe

Attachment Content-Type Size
dblink.2009.06.06.01-encoding.diff text/x-patch 1.1 KB