Re: Headless Exception

From: Oliver Jowett <oliver(at)opencloud(dot)com>
To: Croc <yair(dot)ohayon(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Headless Exception
Date: 2009-06-04 05:54:56
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Croc wrote:
> On Jun 3, 11:39 pm, bo(dot)(dot)(dot)(at)ejurka(dot)com (Kris Jurka) wrote:
>> On Wed, 3 Jun 2009, Croc wrote:
>>> Downloaded source for jdbc3 for 8.3 and built it.
>>> The jar product contains no reference to jscan packages and it works
>>> beutifully , might you using J2EE as default JDK for all builds ?
>> No, jscan is part of some anti-virus/security product on your machine.
>> There's nothing we can do about that.
>>
>> Kris Jurka
>>
>> --
>
> Thanks for answering.
> JScan is in the jdbc jar !
> When i built the driver myself i don't have jscan packages!
> Are you saying it shouldn't be there ?

It should not be there, and in fact those classes are not there in the
jars available from jdbc.postgresql.org. Probably you have (arguably,
buggy) antivirus software that is modifying the jar when you download
it, adding those classes and breaking things!

Some googling lead me to this:
http://esupport.trendmicro.com/Pages/IWSx-3x-Some-files-and-folders-are-added-to-the-Jar-files-after-passin.aspx

(What a terrible "feature" ..)

-O