From: Pavithran Sudarmozhi <Pavithran_S(at)infosys(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Date: 2015-04-10 09:52:07
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Hi...I could not fire the following command after installing postgresql.

postgres -D /var/lib/pgsql/data/ ( My conf file resides at /var/lib/pgsql/data/ )

It gives me the following error.

LOG: could not bind IPv4 socket: Address already in use
HINT: Is another postmaster already running on port 5433? If not, wait a few seconds and retry.
WARNING: could not create listen socket for "127.0.0.1"
FATAL: could not create any TCP/IP sockets

Please help me out asap.I have enclosed my postgresql.conf file hereby.

Thanks and Regards,

Pavithran Sudarmozhi,669590.

Infosys e-mail system.

Attachment Content-Type Size
postgresql.conf application/octet-stream 16.5 KB

  • Re: at 2015-04-10 19:26:04 from John R Pierce