PostgreSQL on Webmin

From: "Kostadin Solakov" <kostadin(dot)solakov(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: PostgreSQL on Webmin
Date: 2009-03-15 22:24:57
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi there!

I just installed Webmin on my dedicated server and I really had hard time
making all configuration that were needed to migrate my site. Anyway, now
everything is working except for one thing. I can't connect to the database
through PHP. Remote connection is working fine, but local doesn't.

The connection string looks like this:

pg_connect('host=localhost port=5432 user=user password=pass dbname=db')

I made the necessary changes in postgresql.conf

listen_addresses = '*'

port=5432

And I added this in pg_nba.conf:

local all all trust

local all user ident sameuser

local db user password

But still I cannot connect using php. The connection file is the same as it
was on my previous host (shared one) so it's supposed to be working.

I created the same database and user.

Any idea?

Thanks in advance!

Kostadin Solakov

GSM +389 75 470 503

Email: kostadin(dot)solakov(at)gmail(dot)com

Skype: kostadin.solakov

MSN: solakov(at)hotmail(dot)com

LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/kostadinsolakov