Re: postgreSQL & amazon ec2 cloud

From: Stefano Nichele <stefano(dot)nichele(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: postgreSQL & amazon ec2 cloud
Date: 2009-04-20 16:26:04
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,
I wanted to reply to an existing thread but it seems a new one has been
created, so I think more details are required...

I want to run my postgres DB on Amazon EC2 using a EBS persistent disk
for postgres installation. In this way data and pg_xlog will be on the
same disk. I was just wondering if also on ec2 with EBS disks having
pg_xlog on a different EBS disk could be useful.

Thanks in advance
ste