Re: linux deadline i/o elevator tuning

From: "Kevin Grittner" <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>
To: "Mark Wong" <markwkm(at)gmail(dot)com>,<pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: linux deadline i/o elevator tuning
Date: 2009-04-09 14:09:52
Lists: pgsql-performance

Mark Wong <markwkm(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> Has anyone experimented with the Linux deadline parameters and
> have some experiences to share?

We've always used elevator=deadline because of posts like this:

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-performance/2008-04/msg00148.php

I haven't benchmarked it, but when one of our new machines seemed a
little sluggish, I found this hadn't been set. Setting this and
rebooting Linux got us back to our normal level of performance.

-Kevin