Question - i686

From: "Just E(dot) Mail" <justemail(at)imwell-usa(dot)com>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Question - i686
Date: 2009-04-07 16:00:03
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hello:

I installed PostgreSQL 8.3.7 (i386) on a CentOS 5.2. This is a fresh
install and there is no other server application installed on this
server except PostgreSQL.

Then I wanted to install "abAdmin" on this server. I wanted to install
"pgadmin3 v1.8.4" for "i386" machine but found out that is is not
available. Somebody on this FORUM suggested that I install
pgadmin3-1.10.0-beta2_1.rhel5.i386.rpm
<http://yum.pgsqlrpms.org/8.3/redhat/rhel-5Server-i386/pgadmin3-1.10.0-beta2_1.rhel5.i386.rpm>.
However when I tried to install this version I get an error message:

"libwx_baseu-2.8.so.0(WXU_2.8.5) file is missing.

Internet search did not provide any satisfactory answer.

Like a lost dog, I tried the next best thing; I tried installing:

pgadmin3-1.8.4-1.rhel5.i686.rpm
<http://yum.pgsqlrpms.org/8.3/redhat/rhel-5Server-i386/pgadmin3-1.8.4-1.rhel5.i686.rpm>,

which installed just fine.

Now here is my question: The versions for both CentOS & PostgreSQL I
installed on this server are for "i386" machines but the version of
abAdmin is "i686". You see the difference.

Would it cause a problem in the future? This is going to be a
production server.

Thanks in advance.

Sam