Path case sensitivity on windows

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: PG Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Path case sensitivity on windows
Date: 2009-04-02 13:07:25
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Bug #4694
(http://archives.postgresql.org/message-id/200903050848.n258mVgm046178@wwwmaster.postgresql.org)
shows a very strange behaviour on windows when you use a different case PATH

From what I can tell, this is because dir_strcmp() is case sensitive,
but paths on windows are really case-insensitive.

Attached patch fixes this in my testcase. Can anybody spot something
wrong with it? If not, I'll apply once I've finished my test runs:-)

//Magnus

Attachment Content-Type Size
path_case.patch text/x-diff 444 bytes