Determining PUBLIC's permissions

From: "Roderick A(dot) Anderson" <raanders(at)cyber-office(dot)net>
To: PostgreSQL <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Determining PUBLIC's permissions
Date: 2009-03-19 19:22:31
Lists: pgsql-general

I'm trying to determine the permissions PUBLIC has on several
tables/views. Or would this be the default permissions for a table/view?

pg_user, pg_roles, pg_group, pg_authid, pg_auth_members, pg_database,
pg_tablespace, and pg_settings.

\dp pg_user

returns (0 rows).

I am logged in to template1 as postgres.

I am doing some testing of multi-tenant/shared-database-hosting options
and want to try to get around the possible limitations mentioned in the
article at <http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Shared_Database_Hosting>.
After revoking from public I want to grant those permission back to the
'main' database user. Need to know what they are.

I was sure there was a thread recently on determining table permissions
and thought the \dp would do it.

Any suggestions?

\\||/
Rod