Re: What are the benefits of using a clustered index?

From: Mike Christensen <imaudi(at)comcast(dot)net>
To: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: What are the benefits of using a clustered index?
Date: 2009-03-17 22:26:04
Lists: pgsql-general

I would only like this as a feature if the optimizer can really take
advantage of this. Clustering on every insert or update just for the
fun of it won't really give us anything but more expensive writes.

I kinda figured if SQL Server and Oracle have it, they probably take
full advantage of it for reads..

Mike