Re: List Message Footer

From: Tino Wildenhain <tino(at)wildenhain(dot)de>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: David Blewett <david(at)dawninglight(dot)net>, "pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: List Message Footer
Date: 2009-03-17 14:02:59
Lists: pgsql-www

Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> David Blewett wrote:
>> Hi All:
>>
>> I was wondering if it would be possible to add the Message-ID that is
>> displayed in the header of messages on the web interface to the footer
>> that is attached to each message that's delivered via email? It would
>> be very handy to have a link to be able to give to someone for a
>> specific message if you only interact with the lists via email.
>
> The Message-Id is already in the headers of the message ... you just
> have to expand them, because normally it's not displayed by your email
> program.

Thats correct but it would be nice to not only have the link to the
overall web interface there but also the complete link to the
message in the archive. E.g, what is there:

and

but you have a hard time finding the actual post you are reading
in your mail client in the web archive for reference.

I'm not sure however if there is a pre defined Header field
for this or if it would be wise/allowed to give the
full URL in the List-Archive header.

Regards
Tino