Re: Driver crashing on many temporary tables?

From: Hiroshi Inoue <inoue(at)tpf(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: Jan-Peter Seifert <Jan-Peter(dot)Seifert(at)gmx(dot)de>
Cc: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Driver crashing on many temporary tables?
Date: 2009-03-06 05:08:45
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Hi,

Jan-Peter Seifert wrote:
> Hello,
>
> we have a problem with psqlODBC v8.2.300 (maybe some older releases as well) and above - up to v8.3.400.
> Some large operations/transactions can cause the driver to crash - obviously depends on the size of the db as well though.
> It seems to happen on the same query on the same client - but
different from the other clients/servers/days.
> Operations on temporary tables seem to be involved every time. We
store search results in dynamically generated temporary
> tables and the problematic operations create(d) MANY of them in
recursive functions. We restored the test dbs from the same
> backup.
> The servers (e.g. Windows v8.3.6 and Linux v8.3.5) don't crash though.
> Remarkably older versions like v8.0.01.01 have been reported to now show this problem with the same db. I did check the
> psqlODBC's release notes but I have no idea which change could
indirectly be resonsible.
> I activated Mylog and Comlog in the system-DSN. The Uncompressed Mylog got pretty large (over 2,5 GB) so is there a way
> to change the standard paths for these logs?
> It seems that Mylog uses quite a few resources as well - e.g. I had to increase max_locks_per_transaction considerably from normal. Otherwise our application would hang in transaction.
> The compressed log-Files are still over 250 MB - so I didn't attach them.

Hmm I'm not sure I can find something from such a big file.
BTW how big is the size of Commlog file?
Anyway could you put them somewhere where I can dounload it?

regards,
Hiroshi Inoue