Re: Hot standby, recovery infra

From: Heikki Linnakangas <heikki(dot)linnakangas(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Hot standby, recovery infra
Date: 2009-02-18 16:01:53
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Simon Riggs wrote:
> On Wed, 2009-02-18 at 14:26 +0200, Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
>
>> The outer "if" should ensure that it isn't printed repeatedly on an idle
>> system.
>
> Regrettably not.

Ok, committed. I fixed that and some comment changes. I also renamed
IsRecoveryProcessingMode() to RecoveryInProgress(), to avoid confusion
with the "real" processing modes defined in miscadmin.h. That will
probably cause you merge conflicts in the hot standby patch, but it
should be a matter of search-replace to fix.

The changes need to be documented. At least the removal of
log_restartpoints is a clear user-visible change.

--
Heikki Linnakangas