Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Automatic view update rules Bernd Helmle

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: Bernd Helmle <mailings(at)oopsware(dot)de>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Automatic view update rules Bernd Helmle
Date: 2009-01-23 22:52:54
Lists: pgsql-committers pgsql-hackers

Bernd,

> To be honest: I'm disappointed. If it tooks only a few steps to identify
> those (obviously important) issues, i get the opinion that there's very
> few motivating interest in this functionality (And yes, i'm annoyed
> about myself to not consider those operator issues).

Well, that *is* the problem with getting your patch into the last
commitfest, and why I tried to get everyone to submit earlier. You only
have to miss one difficult problem to miss the release.

If it makes you feel any better, I certainly didn't think of the
operator issue, and neither did Robert.

--Josh