Re: [GENERAL] different sort order in windows and linux version

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Cc: Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog(at)svana(dot)org>, Dragan Matic <mlists(at)panforma(dot)co(dot)yu>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] different sort order in windows and linux version
Date: 2006-08-11 04:48:27
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-hackers

> Do we want to enable a ICU build option in 8.2?

Uh, that wasn't seriously on the table was it? AFAIR we don't have a
current patch (ie something that applies cleanly to HEAD or near HEAD)
and I have not seen any discussion about it since March or so.

I don't wish to be overly negative, but we have a very long list of
patches that *are* on the table for 8.2, and this suggestion strikes me
as randomly adding a proposed feature ten days after feature freeze.
You should have said the above several weeks ago if you wanted to be
taken seriously.