Re: Time to finalize patches for 8.4 beta

From: KaiGai Kohei <kaigai(at)ak(dot)jp(dot)nec(dot)com>
To: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Time to finalize patches for 8.4 beta
Date: 2009-01-06 02:24:28
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Now that we are two months into the final commit fest, it is time to
> finalize all the open patches so we can target a February beta.
>
> The two major outstanding patches are:
>
> o SE-PostgreSQL: The author has done an outstanding job of
> reworking the patch so the burden is now on the community. We have to
> decide if we want to add this amount of new code to have both SQL row
> permissions and SE-Linux support.

At least, this patch set has been ready for reviewing for several months,
but it also hasn't get any serious code reviews since CommitFest:May.
(No need to say, I feel grateful for some of proposals, like PGACE
framework, Row-level ACLS, simultaneous DAC&MAC, ...)

I've already prepared to rework the patch set on reviewer's comments,
and our employer allows me to pay my efforts to v8.4 development cycle
with the "highest" priority.

Again, I strongly want it to be progressed.
If necessary, I'll update my patches as soon as possible.

Thanks,

--
OSS Platform Development Division, NEC