Time to finalize patches for 8.4 beta

From: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
To: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Time to finalize patches for 8.4 beta
Date: 2009-01-04 03:34:37
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Now that we are two months into the final commit fest, it is time to
finalize all the open patches so we can target a February beta.

The two major outstanding patches are:

	o  SE-PostgreSQL:  The author has done an outstanding job of
reworking the patch so the burden is now on the community.  We have to
decide if we want to add this amount of new code to have both SQL row
permissions and SE-Linux support.

	o Recovery, Replication, Hot Standby:  We need a _final_ version
of any patches that are targeted for 8.4.  There is so much activity in
this area I am unclear what is ready for 8.4.

I think the remaining patches can be addressed pretty easily but we need
final versions from any authors who are still adjusting them.

Let's see what we can get done in the next two weeks and reevaluate.