Re: PostgreSQL GIT mirror status

From: Heikki Linnakangas <heikki(dot)linnakangas(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Stefan Kaltenbrunner <stefan(at)kaltenbrunner(dot)cc>
Cc: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL GIT mirror status
Date: 2008-12-31 12:43:42
Lists: pgsql-www

Stefan Kaltenbrunner wrote:
> Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
>> I tried to fix the GIT mirror, using the procedure I outlined here:
>>
>> http://archives.postgresql.org/message-id/4959F0A8.9070704@enterprisedb.com
>>

>> but I ran into what seems to be a 512MB data segment size limit in the
>> FreeBSD jail. I don't know how fix that, so I restored the repository
>> to the same broken state it was before.
>>
>> I'll try again as soon as someone figures out how to raise that limit.
>
> Call me a tad confused given your follow-up post to this - do you still
> want us to raise that limit (and how far?).

Sorry for the confusion. In the end, I ran the script manually on my
laptop, and copied over the result to the server. So no need to raise
limit anymore.

> I'm also bit concerned about having to run a process with excessive
> resource requirements like this on a regular base on this host or is/was
> this just for a one-off conversation?

It was a one-off thing. I was originally thinking that we could continue
using the patched script, but given how much more resource-hungry it is,
it doesn't seem like a good idea.

--
Heikki Linnakangas