Re: PostgreSQL GIT mirror status

From: Stefan Kaltenbrunner <stefan(at)kaltenbrunner(dot)cc>
To: Heikki Linnakangas <heikki(dot)linnakangas(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL GIT mirror status
Date: 2008-12-31 12:25:53
Lists: pgsql-www

Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
> I tried to fix the GIT mirror, using the procedure I outlined here:
>
> http://archives.postgresql.org/message-id/4959F0A8.9070704@enterprisedb.com
>
> but I ran into what seems to be a 512MB data segment size limit in the
> FreeBSD jail. I don't know how fix that, so I restored the repository to
> the same broken state it was before.
>
> I'll try again as soon as someone figures out how to raise that limit.

Call me a tad confused given your follow-up post to this - do you still
want us to raise that limit (and how far?).
I'm also bit concerned about having to run a process with excessive
resource requirements like this on a regular base on this host or is/was
this just for a one-off conversation?

Stefan