Re: Allowed timezone values

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Tatsuo Ishii <ishii(at)sraoss(dot)co(dot)jp>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Allowed timezone values
Date: 2005-10-14 02:42:13
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> I assume it is related to these two TODO entries:

> o Merge hardwired timezone names with the TZ database; allow either
> kind everywhere a TZ name is currently taken

Yes, the point here is that the datetime token table has a bunch of
hardwired zone names --- actually not so much timezone names as names
for specific GMT offsets (eg, it has EST and EDT but not EST5EDT).
We need to think about how to generalize that facility and merge it with
the zic stuff. This is not something that's going to get fixed for 8.1,
however.