Re: Enabling Multibyte in postgresql / drupal Mac OS X Leopard stack

From: Andreas Wenk <a(dot)wenk(at)netzmeister-st-pauli(dot)de>
To: jeroen(at)madmemelabs(dot)com, pgsql-php(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Enabling Multibyte in postgresql / drupal Mac OS X Leopard stack
Date: 2008-12-02 20:36:58
Lists: pgsql-php
Hi Jerone,

I am running a MAC Leopard 10.5.5. Installed is the entropy php /
postgresql package. I just added the following lines to one of the vhost
container:

php_value mbstring.func_overload 7

After restarting apache and calling mb_get_info(), I recieve this result:

Array
(
     [internal_encoding] => ISO-8859-1
     [http_input] =>
     [http_output] => pass
     [func_overload] => 7
     [func_overload_list] => Array
         (
             [mail] => mb_send_mail
             [strlen] => mb_strlen
             [strpos] => mb_strpos
             [strrpos] => mb_strrpos
             [stripos] => mb_stripos
             [strripos] => mb_strripos
             [strstr] => mb_strstr
             [strrchr] => mb_strrchr
             [stristr] => mb_stristr
             [substr] => mb_substr
             [strtolower] => mb_strtolower
             [strtoupper] => mb_strtoupper
             [substr_count] => mb_substr_count
             [ereg] => mb_ereg
             [eregi] => mb_eregi
             [ereg_replace] => mb_ereg_replace
             [eregi_replace] => mb_eregi_replace
             [split] => mb_split
         )

     [mail_charset] => UTF-8
     [mail_header_encoding] => BASE64
     [mail_body_encoding] => BASE64
     [illegal_chars] => 0
     [encoding_translation] => Off
     [language] => neutral
     [detect_order] => Array
         (
             [0] => ASCII
             [1] => UTF-8
         )

     [substitute_character] => 63
     [strict_detection] => Off
)

Means, it works.

I don't think that your problem is a drupal /mediawiki with postgresql
problem, but an apache php problem.

Do you have a mbstring entry when you call phpinfo() ?

Again, I don't know if that helps. It's just a hint that it works on my MAC.

Cheers

Andy

--
Netzmeister St.Pauli