Re: Duplicated docs on libpq parameters

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: PG Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Duplicated docs on libpq parameters
Date: 2008-11-11 13:38:12
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Tom Lane wrote:
>> Any reason not to just have the environment variable documentation refer
>> back to the connection option documentation?
>
> Well, not all of 'em are connection options.
>
> I could see documenting the connection options more like the
> GUC-variable options, ie a few words and a reference to the underlying
> option. Or is that what you meant?

Well, I was mostly thinking like:
PGSSLMODE
This corresponds to the <link>sslmode</link> connection option.

Then for those that aren't connection options, we'd keep the full
description. I'm not advocating we remove the whole chapter, just the
duplicated stuff. (I assume we can make the link above go directly to
the description for the option?)

//Magnus