libpq with ssl vs psql without

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: PG Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: libpq with ssl vs psql without
Date: 2008-11-11 13:23:14
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I just noticed that if you have libpq with SSL support, but psql
without, we don't print any SSL information at all. Would it be
worthwhile to have it print that SSL is in use, even if we can't print
the details about the connection?

It's not something that's very common outside development scenarios, but
it would be trivial to implement. And the net would probably be a
code-win, since we could remove a number of #ifdef USE_SSL and replace
them with one - see attached (untested so may have typos) patch.

//Magnus

Attachment Content-Type Size
psql_ssl.patch text/x-diff 1.1 KB