Re: Patch for ISO-8601-Interval Input and output.

From: Ron Mayer <rm_pg(at)cheapcomplexdevices(dot)com>
To: Ron Mayer <rm_pg(at)cheapcomplexdevices(dot)com>
Cc: Brendan Jurd <direvus(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Patch for ISO-8601-Interval Input and output.
Date: 2008-11-10 15:36:37
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Ron Mayer wrote:
> Ah! That 5.5.4.2.1 comes from apparently an old Oct 2000
> draft version of the spec titled ISO/FDIS 8601. (For now you can
> see it here: http://0ape.com/postgres_interval_patches/ISO-FDIS-8601.pdf )
>
> I'll fix all the links to point to the 2004 spec.

I updated my web site[1] with the latest version of this patch.

Main differences since last time
* Merged with the IntervalStyle patch as it was checked into CVS.
* Fixed references to consistently refer to the same version of
the ISO 8601 spec (ISO 8601:2004(E))

[1] http://0ape.com/postgres_interval_patches/

PS: I realize that this patch makes datetime.c a bit longer that it needs
to be; and that some of the functions added in this patch can be used by the
other interval styles as well. "patch 3" that can be found on the same HTML
page does this refactoring.