Re: The suppress_redundant_updates_trigger() works incorrectly

From: KaiGai Kohei <kaigai(at)ak(dot)jp(dot)nec(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: KaiGai Kohei <kaigai(at)kaigai(dot)gr(dot)jp>, Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: The suppress_redundant_updates_trigger() works incorrectly
Date: 2008-11-07 03:13:08
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Tom Lane wrote:
> KaiGai Kohei <kaigai(at)kaigai(dot)gr(dot)jp> writes:
>> However, I wonder if the oid field should be also preserved at same
>> place, not inside a specific trigger function.
>
> Possibly. I wasn't planning to mess with it now; but if you've fixed
> the other problems with assigning to a system column then maybe we
> should allow it for OIDs too.

I moved the code to preserve system attributes in my tree, as follows:

http://code.google.com/p/sepgsql/source/detail?r=1190

The patch set does not allow to update "oid" column *now*, so the condition
of above if-block is always true. But the writable-system-attribute feature
can be implemented in similar way.

Thanks,
--
OSS Platform Development Division, NEC