Re: Annoying Reply-To

From: Guy Rouillier <guyr-ml1(at)burntmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Annoying Reply-To
Date: 2008-10-17 19:01:33
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-performance

Bill Moran wrote:
> You can resent it or not, but this _is_ a personal thing. It's personal
> because you are the only one complaining about it. Despite the large
> number of people on this list, I don't see anyone jumping in to defend
> you.

I'm another in the crowd that had this same discussion when I joined
years ago. I had the same point of view as Mikkel, but I've adapted to
the community way of doing things.

When I use "Reply All" in Thunderbird, it adds a "To:" to each of the
individuals in the discussion, and a "CC:" to the list. Since I
personally don't like receiving multiple copies of emails from this
list, I delete all of the "To:" addressees and change the list from
"CC:" to "To:". Would be nice if everyone did the same.

--
Guy Rouillier