Re: 8.3 .4 + Vista + MingW + initdb = ACCESS_DENIED

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
Cc: Charlie Savage <cfis(at)savagexi(dot)com>, Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: 8.3 .4 + Vista + MingW + initdb = ACCESS_DENIED
Date: 2008-10-14 13:33:21
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Dave Page wrote:

>> Well - building your own Postgres 8.3 on Windows using MingW appears broken.
>> Not sure how many people fall into that category, but its seems like a
>> fairly major issue.
>>

> Very few people build their own Postgres on Windows, because it's not
> exactly straightforward to do because of all the dependencies.

IMNSHO, it is not acceptable to leave CVS for any significant period in
a state where someone can't run "make check" by hand, and you certainly
can't assume that no-one will want to do so.

I can confirm that commenting out '+ 18' from the last loop of the
offending patch allows me to run and test on XP-Pro.

What do we actually need to create this object in the global namespace?

cheers

andrew