Re: The Axe list

From: Ron Mayer <rm_pg(at)cheapcomplexdevices(dot)com>
To: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: The Axe list
Date: 2008-10-11 04:09:51
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Josh Berkus wrote:
> intagg: ... Has not been updated since 2001.

Really? Just a couple years ago (2005) bugs we reported were
still getting fixed in it:
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-bugs/2005-03/msg00202.php
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-bugs/2005-04/msg00165.php

Here's one use-case I had at the time.
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-general/2005-04/msg01249.php
I think we still use that code, but I suppose I can re-write it
to use features that were added since then.
And hey - where'd README.int_aggregate go? IIRC that had
a couple interesting use-cases too.

I also like intagg, because it's kinda like a "hello world" for
writing one kind of C extensions. I'm not saying it needs to
stay in contrib. Perhaps it could live on as an example in the docs?