Re: tsearch2 Upgrade to 8.3 tsearch2.so errors

From: Richard Huxton <dev(at)archonet(dot)com>
To: Darragh Gammell <dbgsystems2(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: tsearch2 Upgrade to 8.3 tsearch2.so errors
Date: 2008-10-01 08:03:08
Lists: pgsql-general

Darragh Gammell wrote:
> I am currently upgrading from 8.1 to 8.3 and am getting errors when
> restoring the dump from 8.1 into 8.3. Like below:

> I have read this is due to the tsearch2 functions being moved into the core
> section of postgres and I'll need to do some editing after the dump to
> change where the functions get referenced.

What you want to do is exclude all the tsearch functions altogether,
since they're already in your 8.3 database. If you've installed all your
tsearch stuff into its own schema in 8.2 then there's an example at the
page below.

http://sql-info.de/postgresql/notes/converting-tsearch2-to-8.3.html

If not, you'll want to use the -l / -L options on pg_restore to generate
a list of all objects in your database. You can then comment out the
tsearch functions etc. and restore the db. Allow for some trial and
error on this.

A pain, but hopefully the last time you'll need to do it.

--
Richard Huxton
Archonet Ltd