Re: benchmark farm

From: Andy Colson <andy(at)squeakycode(dot)net>
To: Jaime Casanova <jcasanov(at)systemguards(dot)com(dot)ec>
Cc: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: benchmark farm
Date: 2008-08-13 20:12:09
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Jaime Casanova wrote:
> On 1/21/08, Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net> wrote:
>> It's on my (very long) TODO list to add benchmarking as an option on the
>> buildfarm. If you're interested in working on it then contact me offline and
>> we will work on how to move forward.
>>

> any move in this?

Not much on my side. It seemed really complicated to plug into the
existing run_bench.pl, which I didnt think was going to let me play with
different postgres.conf settings easily.

And they wanted to start with just running pg_bench, which wasn't what I
was really interested in.

I did write a few perl scripts to play around with inserts and updates
and compared a few timings on xfs vs ext2... and then kinda lost interest.

-Andy