Re: pgScript patch

From: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
To: Mickael Deloison <mdeloison(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgScript patch
Date: 2008-08-01 14:02:52
Lists: pgadmin-hackers
Hi,

Mickael Deloison a écrit :
> [...]
> pgScript can now be integrated into pgAdmin3. I have made a patch on
> revision 7394 of pgAdmin. This patch is big therefore I do not post it
> in this email, it is instead available on the following server:
> http://pgscript.projects.postgresql.org/pgadmin
>
> This patch works on a fresh copy of revision 7394. I tested it on:
> * Linux Slackware / g++ 4.2.3
> * Windows XP / VC++ Express 2005
>
> It adds a pgScript button and a menu entry in the SQL Query Tool. When
> one clicks on this button, the content of the text box is sent to the
> pgScript engine instead of PostgreSQL. The pgScript syntax is detailed
> on this page:
> http://pgscript.projects.postgresql.org/SCRIPT.html
>
> That's it. I hope to have feedbacks.

It applies cleanly. The build works.

After pgscript run, you should set the status bar to indicate the end of
the script. It shows "pgscript running" even after the end of the run.

This script causes a pgAdmin3 crash. Don't know why.

declare @index;

set @index = 20;

while @index > 0
begin
   print @index;
   insert into t1 values (@index);
   set @index = @index - 1;
end

You'll find attached a log written on the console after pgadmin crashes.

We should ask Ennixo to create a better icon to launch a pgscript.

Regards.

--
Guillaume.
  http://www.postgresqlfr.org