Re: pgScript patch

From: "Mickael Deloison" <mdeloison(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Guillaume Lelarge" <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgScript patch
Date: 2008-08-01 17:17:51
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Hi,

> This script causes a pgAdmin3 crash. Don't know why.
>
> declare @index;
>
> set @index = 20;
>

> while @index > 0
> begin
> print @index;
> insert into t1 values (@index);
> set @index = @index - 1;
> end
>
> You'll find attached a log written on the console after pgadmin crashes.

This is weird.

1) I cannot reproduce the problem at all if there is no Unique or
Primary Key constraint on t1 first column (where to put @index).

2) No problem under Windows even with Primary/Unique constraint. A
Warning window is popped up when a Primary Key is duplicated and the
script goes on.

3) Under Linux/GTK there seems to be a problem when a query fails
(when a Primary Key is duplicated in this example) and that pgScript
wants to log a warning (which is supposed to show a Warning window).
But, even in this case my error message are not exactly the same as
yours (log file attached).

So I will investigate more next week.

Regards,
Mickael