Re: mac install question

From: Shane Ambler <pgsql(at)Sheeky(dot)Biz>
To: dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org
Cc: "epicwinter(at)hotmail(dot)com" <epicwinter(at)hotmail(dot)com>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: mac install question
Date: 2008-07-24 14:57:15
Lists: pgsql-general

Shane Ambler wrote:
> dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org wrote:
>
>> Is the otool program on your system anywhere? Afaik, it should be on
>> any Mac, but maybe it's part of xcode (i hope not- can anyone
>> confirm?)
>
> I have a few installs here.

now that I think about it - it may be a dev tools only thing.

> otool is included inside /Developer/usr/bin
> my working 10.4 that the dev tools is installed on also includes otool
> at /usr/bin

This has been running for a few years so otool at /usr/bin may have come
from anywhere.

> A minimal 10.3 install has otool at /usr/bin

I have two 10.3 systems here the one that has otool is an emergency boot
setup by TechTool Pro. A normal 10.3 install does not have otool.

--

Shane Ambler
pgSQL (at) Sheeky (dot) Biz

Get Sheeky @ http://Sheeky.Biz