Re: Problem with archives search

From: Kevin Hunter <hunteke(at)earlham(dot)edu>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, Postgres WWW List <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Problem with archives search
Date: 2008-07-14 20:20:33
Lists: pgsql-www

At 3:16p -0400 on Mon, 14 Jul 2008, Tom Lane wrote:
> I'd like to be able to paste a message ID into a form on my home page
> and end up at the correct URL, but the only way I know to do that
> involves <form method="get"> which insists on sticking "?fieldname="
> in there somewhere. Is there another simple way, or do we have an
> alternate portal that handles URLs of that format?

Yeah, all variables in an HTML form are put after a ? in a GET request.
You'll either have to write yourself something server side, or get some
Javascript to do it for you.

[... time passes ...]

It ain't pretty and it ain't cross-browser compatible, but it was quick.
Tested in Ubuntu, FF3. I tried to annotate it so you can personalize
it, whatevs.

Enjoy,

Kevin

Attachment Content-Type Size