Re: PostgreSQL derivatives

From: Ron Mayer <rm_pg(at)cheapcomplexdevices(dot)com>
To: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: Seth Grimes <grimes(at)altaplana(dot)com>, pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL derivatives
Date: 2008-06-10 18:55:17
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

Josh Berkus wrote:
>> If Aster Data Systems (nCluster), Dataupia, Greenplum, or Netezza...
>
> You missed Yahoo in the list of derivatives. ...

Fujitsu has (had?) a noteworthy derivative as well. IIRC, they
bolted the front end of postgres to their ESM storage engine.

http://www.fastware.com.au/docs/FujitsuSupportedPostgreSQLWhitePaper.pdf

The fact that a large (bigger than Oracle) company like Fujitsu
supported postgres (both their own fork and the normal one as well)
was useful to me a couple times on convincing companies that Postgres
was a serious product worthy of consideration with the big vendors.