Re: pg_regress: referencing shared objects from tests

From: Jorgen Austvik - Sun Norway <Jorgen(dot)Austvik(at)Sun(dot)COM>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pg_regress: referencing shared objects from tests
Date: 2008-05-29 12:22:31
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Tom Lane wrote:
> Jorgen Austvik - Sun Norway <Jorgen(dot)Austvik(at)Sun(dot)COM> writes:
>> we would like to be able to use and ship pg_regress and the PostgreSQL
>> test suite independently of the PostgreSQL build environment, for
>> testing and maybe even as a separate package to be build and shipped
>> with the OS for others to test their setup. Does this sound like a sane
>> and OK thing to do?
>
> The RPM packages have done this since approximately forever. You might
> want to look at the patches used there.

Hi,

yes [1] is the same that we have been using internally.

Let me reformulate my question: would it be better to include something
like the attached patch in PostgreSQL, than have every distributor of
the tests apply it?

[1]
http://cvs.fedoraproject.org/viewcvs/rpms/postgresql/F-9/postgresql-test.patch?rev=1.3&view=auto

-J
--

Jørgen Austvik, Software Engineering - QA
Sun Microsystems Database Technology Group

http://blogs.sun.com/austvik
http://www.austvik.net/

Attachment Content-Type Size
pg_regress_contribdir.patch text/x-patch 3.3 KB
jorgen_austvik.vcf text/x-vcard 418 bytes