Re: Patch to change psql default banner v6

From: Bryce Nesbitt <bryce2(at)obviously(dot)com>
To: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>, pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Patch to change psql default banner v6
Date: 2008-05-20 15:23:03
Lists: pgsql-patches
Guillaume Lelarge wrote:
> Here is a patch that tries to implement this. Meta-commands should
> work from 7.4 to 8.4-devel releases. It was not hard to do, and I
> don't think it really is a burden to maintain.
>
> One part left to fix is \du and \dg commands. I would be glad to
> continue to work on this but I would prefer to have comments before.
Good work!  I submitted a similar patch also.

For your patch I have one critique: the version sensitive code is
scattered all through describe.c.  Are there opportunities to apply some
tests at a higher level (reducing the number of tests), or gather the
tests into an easily maintainable chunk?

The cleaner it is, the more likely future patchers will continue to
maintain compatibility.

                                  -Bryce Nesbitt