Re: Do we want SYNONYMS?

From: "Gauthier, Dave" <dave(dot)gauthier(at)intel(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Do we want SYNONYMS?
Date: 2010-12-06 21:10:14
Lists: pgsql-general

I think aliasing non-table/view was mixed by Tom, but just as FYI, aliasing column names would be very helpful in my apps. Aliasing "last_name", "lastname", "surname" together in a people table for example. We have many design sites that have identical data concepts but with different names for the same thing. It would be nice to just equate these names in the DB instead of in perl wrappers around sql calls.