Re: BUG #4670: Cannot get domain constraint names from psql

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Alexander V(dot) Chernikov" <melifaro(at)ipfw(dot)ru>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #4670: Cannot get domain constraint names from psql
Date: 2009-02-22 04:48:48
Lists: pgsql-bugs

"Alexander V. Chernikov" <melifaro(at)ipfw(dot)ru> writes:
> It would be nice to see domain constraint names in \dD output of psql
> utility. Without this feature the only way to delete (or modify) constraint
> is to do pg_dump -s (or use something like phpgadmin) to find out constraint
> name and only after that issue ALTER DOMAIN .. DROP constraint statement.

Try
select * from information_schema.domain_constraints;

The \dD view is already too wide IMHO, no need to make it wider for this.

However, your proposed patch points out something that seems to me to be
a bug in \dD: it produces multiple rows for the same domain, if said
domain has more than one constraint. Surely that's confusing and
undesirable.