Re: TODO, FAQs to Wiki?

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Cc: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: TODO, FAQs to Wiki?
Date: 2008-04-21 14:06:54
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Magnus Hagander wrote:
> Joshua D. Drake wrote:

> And we've certainly had our share of people not working on the docs
> because it's too hard. (I know I used to have to submit all docs
> patches untested because it took me a year or so to get the build
> process working on win32. Now I've given that up and have a linux VM to
> build the docs in, but you get the idea..)

The only thing hard about editing the docs is if you do so on broken
platforms :P

Seriously though. Docbook isn't for the feint hearted, especially if you
are going to take into account the tools. Unfortunately as far as I know
it is the only format I know of that is as flexible as it is.

Our only other real option is something like ODF and I really don't want
to have that discussion.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake