Re: Removing redundant itemsets

From: Craig Ringer <craig(at)postnewspapers(dot)com(dot)au>
To: Allan Kamau <allank(at)sanbi(dot)ac(dot)za>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Removing redundant itemsets
Date: 2008-03-31 10:10:26
Lists: pgsql-general

Allan Kamau wrote:
> Hi all,
> I have a plain sql problem (didn't know where else to post it).

pgsql-sql

> I have a list of transactions (market basket) ...

Your use of the term "transaction" for a database entity is really
confusing, and will make it significantly harder for others to
understand and work with your schema. It might be worth renaming the
entity to avoid the conflict with the meaning of "transaction" as
"atomic unit of work" as controlled by BEGIN/COMMIT/ROLLBACK .

--
Craig Ringer