Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Enable probes to work with Mac OS X Leopard and other OSes that

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: Robert Lor <Robert(dot)Lor(at)Sun(dot)COM>
Cc: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Subject: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Enable probes to work with Mac OS X Leopard and other OSes that
Date: 2008-03-19 18:07:29
Lists: pgsql-committers pgsql-hackers

Robert Lor wrote:
> Peter Eisentraut wrote:
>> Well, yes. I meant to say, a build system that can supply the
>> functionality of Gen_fmgrtab can surely implement this new thing. I
>> see there is Perl being used, so it should be simple.
>>
> I was thinking of using a Perl script to generate the dummy header
> file but decided against it to avoid disrupting the build on other
> platforms. If sed doesn't work on Windows for some reason, we can use
> a Perl script instead.

What we should do in fact is to use psed on Windows to execute the
script. This is a sed emulator that is part of the standard perl
install, and will save us the bother of having to maintain two
generation scripts, or switching from sed to perl. We just need to find
where to plug that into the Windows build process.

cheers

andrew