Re: Commitfest process

From: Robert Lor <Robert(dot)Lor(at)Sun(dot)COM>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Heikki Linnakangas <heikki(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Commitfest process
Date: 2008-03-07 22:22:24
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Tom Lane wrote:
> This is reasonable for the sort of medium-to-large patch that the author
> has put a lot of time into. But we also get a lot of small one-off
> patches where it's not so reasonable. Now of course many of those get
> applied right away, but not all. One of the services that Bruce's patch
> queue has always performed is making sure stuff like that doesn't fall
> through the cracks. I don't think a purely author-driven patch queue
> will work to ensure that.
>
> We could combine the ideas: encourage authors to use the wiki, but have
> someone (probably Bruce ;-)) in charge of adding stuff to the wiki if
> the author doesn't.

Stefan Kaltenbrunner said a script can be written to insert an entry
into the wiki automatically when a new patch comes in. That would be
ideal and would avoid manual intervention. The author can still update
the wiki as needed.

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2008-02/msg00433.php

Regards,
-Robert