Re: Commitfest process

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: Heikki Linnakangas <heikki(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Commitfest process
Date: 2008-03-07 20:31:26
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
> Alvaro Herrera wrote:
>> Joshua D. Drake wrote:

>>> Well that is what my email is about, dropping extra steps :).
>>
>> I agree that that's a good objective, but I think a Wiki makes for a
>> crappy patch tracker.
>
> Sure, but let's not turn this into a bug/patch tracker discussion,
> please :-/. A wiki is not ideal, but it's there.

Yeah, let's keep focus on *this* commitfest for now. The only chance
anything will be used for that is if it exists, in production, for
postgresql, *today*.

If we want something else in the future, sure. Let's do this as an
iterative process.

> The main point of my proposal is: let's make the *authors* who want
> their stuff to be reviewed as part of a commitfest do the extra work.
> There would be no extra work required for patch reviewers.

I think that's perfectly reasonable. There *will* be small patches that
fall through the cracks of that, but we can deal with those outside the
process for now, I think.

//Magnus