Re: how to auto GRANT custom ACL on a new table?

From: Maciej Sieczka <tutey(at)o2(dot)pl>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: Richard Huxton <dev(at)archonet(dot)com>
Subject: Re: how to auto GRANT custom ACL on a new table?
Date: 2008-03-01 22:33:53
Lists: pgsql-general

Maciej Sieczka pisze:
> Richard Huxton pisze:

>> 1. Add a proxy in front of PostgreSQL and have it intercept the CREATE
>> TABLE statements and follow them with the correct GRANT statements.
>> I'd probably modify the code for pgpool/pgbouncer (http://pgfoundry.org/)

> That should do it seems! Thanks a lot!

Dear All

Said too soon, not carefully reading Richard's words first: "probably
modify the code" - I'm no programmer (only shell, awk and some python
savvy).

Isn't there a ready to use sort of addon for PgSQL which could intercept
the CREATE TABLE that eg. Base (or any other client) issues, appdend
GRANT to it and forward such a modified instruction to the server?

I looked a lot in list archives, PgFoundry, Google and can't find a
tool. Your hints are more than welcome!

Best
Maciek