Re: We should get active / Wiki choice

From: Jean-Paul Argudo <jean-paul(at)postgresqlfr(dot)org>
To: PostgreSQL EU General <pgeu-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: PostgreSQL EU General <pgeu-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: We should get active / Wiki choice
Date: 2008-02-28 00:31:07
Lists: pgeu-general
Hi Josuah,

> FYI: www.postgresqldocs.org is running mediawiki from trunk on 8.3 with
> the integrated tsearch. It works very well. If you chose this I would
> be happy to help whoever sets it up with what I learned.

Sounds really nice...

BTW, I think choosing a RDBMS-backend-based Wiki other than a
PostgreSQL-based Wiki is the right way to be bashed :-)

Im okay to test it, since :

 * we badly need it to start publishing things

 * we could failback on any other RDBMS-based wiki (hope so..) in
   case mediawiki doesnt fit our requirements (which we even did
   not define yet!)

 * your feedback sounds great

 * your proposal of help sounds even greater :)

I just don't know at the moment who will install the wiki, when, and on
which machine.

I think those 2 brand new PG-Eu boxes at Marseilles, France (2 of the 4
given to PostgreSQLFr and PostgreSQLEu), are waiting for this, but I'm
no admin nor member of pgsql-www....

Any clue, dear admins?

Thanks Josuah,

--