Re: Huh? What is this?

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-www <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Huh? What is this?
Date: 2008-02-24 15:57:08
Lists: pgsql-www

Magnus Hagander wrote:
> I know that this link is only available to people on the sysadmin team,
> but for reference:
> https://pmt.postgresql.org/changeset/478

> What is this? A site that has not been discussed at all (AFAIK - given
> that it seems to happen a lot lately, maybe I'm having email delivery

It was a test site for the scripts that we had from Marc.

> We normally discuss things before we add new services to machines, don't
> we? Especially when it's a box that shares data with some of our most
> vital services, like archives. Also, our current policy is to as much as
> possible *isolate* services using VM technology - this is especially
> important for such critical services.

Where is this policy written? And we have never applied that policy to
Linux hosts. Let's be consistent here please.

> Also, there appears to be exactly zero documentation about it, but I
> assume that's just a matter of time. Oh, and it appears that the apache
> configuration isn't in the automatic backup.

You know.. instead of complaining you simply could have added it
yourself and said, "BTW... this was overlooked".

> BTW, the docs also says that postgresqlconference.org is only supposed
> to be there temporarily during reprovisioning - is that still so, or
> should the documentation be fixed wrt that?

It is temporary. We are pushing a bunch of hardware around. It will be
moved after EAST.

Joshua D. Drake