Re: [BUGS] BUG #3909: src\tools\msvc\clean.bat clears parse.h file

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: Pavel Golub <pavel(at)gf(dot)microolap(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [BUGS] BUG #3909: src\tools\msvc\clean.bat clears parse.h file
Date: 2008-02-05 17:56:39
Lists: pgsql-bugs pgsql-hackers

Dave Page wrote:
> On Feb 5, 2008 3:24 PM, Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net> wrote:
>> On Mon, Jan 28, 2008 at 06:27:05PM +0000, Pavel Golub wrote:
>> I think a better solution is to add a parameter to clean.bat to make it
>> work like "make clean" does. So you'd to "clean" when you mean "make
>> clean", and "clean dist" when you mean "make distclean".
>>
>> Thoughts on this?
>
> Pretty sure I griped at you before about this, because when it removes
> it, it fails to rebuild it the next time round, even on in an env like
> mine which can build from CVS perfectly well. More than once I've had
> to unpack the tarball again having run a clean.

Uh, that would be a different issue, and I thought that one was fixed. I
certainly clean/rebuild a lot, and it works just fine with the stuff
coming out of cvs.

The problem comes from if you remove *one* of the files but not *all* of
them. We only trigger on one of them (unlike the makefile which triggers
on all). But as long as they are all removed, it should be ok.

Can you confirm if you actually still have that problem with 8.3.0?

//Magnus